Search This Blog...

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Monday 14th May - Leg Training

Absolutely loved the session from Monday, could barely walk after each set...Love it.

  • To start off: 3 Mins on the bike to warm up a bit, various fast / slow peddling.
  • Bulgarian Split Squats:
    • 3 x 10 x BW
    • 1 x 5 x 10KG
    • 3 x 12 x 12KG*
  • Glute Bridges:
    • 3 x 15 x 25KG
  • Glute Ham Raises:
    • 3 x 15 x 25KG**
  • Calve Raises:
    • 3 x 15 x 70KG
  • Box jumps:
    • 3 x 10
 *BSS: During the first set, right leg gave way, completed the set, but something to keep watch on. In general, my right leg seems to be weaker than the left, balance is also somewhat worse.
**GHR: Absolute killer! Not full ROM, but time will hopefully improve this.

All in all, a good session for myself. Now people might be wondering..."Where the hell are the Squats???" - Simple answer is, back in late February I injured my lower back somehow during squats while super-setting with shoulders, since then it's not been right, so any movements that hurt my lower back are a no no at the moment...So yes, that means Deadlifts - Not happy is an understatement.

Many people hate the idea of Calve Raises, and will not doubt frown or call me stupid, some people do them, some don't. Currently they are a nice way to hit my calves, so they're in. Along with that, it helps with my grip training.

Added in Box Jumps recently, certainly get things going so no doubt I will be doing these again.

Next session, Wednesday - Chest & Tri's

Delvis

No comments:

Post a Comment