Search This Blog...

Friday 25 May 2012

Thursday 24th May: Cardio and Core

Something new for the routine...A dedicated Cardio and Core day. Now, this is the first time I've done this, and I have to say with the weather being so hot and me being generally unfit, I've never got so damn hot in all my life! Loved it though

  • Bike: Warm up for 3mins
  • Stretches: Primarily for my back issue
  • Bike: 9 Minutes in total - Start on setting 6, working up to setting 12.
    • 30s at 80rpm, 15s at 100+rpm.
    • Once at 12, work down to 6 again in 2 increments.
Now, this absolutely knackered me out, and I've never sweat so much, but hell, it's awesome.

  • Land Mines: Done with an Oly Bar
    • 3 x 10
  • Ab Roll-outs:  Done with a 4KG DB
    • 3 x 10
I had to be careful with the roll-outs, as they seemed to twinge my back ever so slightly,so I couldn't roll completely out.

  • Reverse Crunches: Done at BW*
    • 3 x 10
Also did some Oly bar curls, and some 25KG Oly curls - Just for funsies.
  • Bike: Finished off with this
    • 5 mins - 100rpm - Setting 10 - 1min cool down.
All in all, a good session for me, core is slightly done in today, will need to implement more next week (Tuesday)

*The reverse crunches seemed to aggravate my middle to lower back when doing them, not painfully...But something was there. Will keep an eye on it.

Now. Tonight...We ROW ourselves in to oblivion!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment